[cod] startup script

Georgecooldude georgecooldude at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:24:10 EST 2008

I use this. It was posted a while ago probably as an attachment. Needs
screen to run.

START SCRIPT

#*********************************************************************************************
#Call of Duty X Start Script
# ---------------------------

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=":"

# Make sure you have the correct ip and user name set below
# ---------------------------------------------------------

IP=<IP-HERE>
USR=<USERNAME-HERE>
INSTALL=<PATH-TO-DATA-FILES-HERE>

# Let's make sure the server is not running
# -----------------------------------------
screen -S $USR -X quit
killall -9 cod4_lnxded

# Now the command line that starts the server
# ------------------------------------------

screen -A -m -d -S $USR $INSTALL/cod4_lnxded \
+set net_ip $IP +set net_port <PORT-NUMBER-HERE> +set fs_basepath \
$INSTALL +set fs_homepath /home/$USR +set sv_punkbuster 1 \
+set sv_pure 1 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

echo ""
echo "CodX-Server running under user $USR has been started"
echo ""

# End of File

STOP SCRIPT
USR=<USERNAME-HERE>