[cod] Awaiting key code authorization error on LAN

Tyson Couch twisted at twistedgamingservice.com
Wed Jan 16 09:35:33 EST 2008

No its not wrong. Either he's got something similar to what Rick is doing to
trick his game into allowing it or his ISP Modem/router is doing it for him.

I have verified it here. If I make a LAN server even with port forwarding or
putting said machine in a DMZ zone it will not allow Internet clients
because its configured as a LAN server.

If I make it a Internet Server it will not allow LAN clients unless those
LAN clients hit the Modems Public IP so that the traffic looks like it's
coming from the net and even then the Modem just reflects the traffic back
at the machine hosting. It never hits the internet which still gives me a
really low ping. Now I'm not sure if all ISP's configure their customer
modems to do this.

Tyson
Twisted Gaming Service
http://www.twistedgamingservice.com