Awaiting key code authorization error on LAN

aquariusrick at hotmail.com aquariusrick at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:37:14 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a CoD4 v1.4 Linux Dedicated server.  I can connect to it via the public internet, but am unable to connect to it via the LAN.  When trying to connect to the server from a local machine I get the message "Awaiting Connection...." in white letters at the top, and "Awaiting key code authorization" in yellow letters near the bottom.

I can connect to other internet servers fine, and as I said before, I can connect to my server only if I'm on the public internet.  My server is behind a router with UDP ports 20800, 20810, and 28960 all forwarded to the correct machine.  (it seems that port forwarding is not the issue, since I can connect via the outside, it's on the LAN that I cannot connect.)

I've tried disabling all port forwarding on the router, and starting the server with '+set dedicated 1' to play ONLY on the LAN with no success.  I've tried fiddling with the net_ip settings in the config file, and the command line also to no avail.

Anyone else see this issue occurring?  Anyone know how to fix?

-Rick