[cod] COD4+2 inbound and outbound tcp/udp ports for FW config.

Guðmundur Örn Ingvarsson Gudmundur.Ingvarsson at landsbanki.is
Thu Feb 14 05:19:42 EST 2008

The only inbound port you should need is the gameport of the server

However it's a good idea in general when running a game server to open up the port range
20000-30000 in both directions since 90% of game servers run on this range.

However a very restrictive rule might look like this
Allow 28960 UDP - Bidirectional (Default Gameserver port)
Allow 20800 UDP - Bidirectional (Authorization port)
Allow 20810 UDP - Bidirectional (Master port)
Allow ANY - Established Inbound (For the clients to send data to the server)

Then there is the PunkBuster issue
You need to be able to connect to evenbalance for pb updates, this is normally done via port 80 to one
Of the master servers @ evenbalance. Master1.evenbalance.com up to master5.evenbalance.com so you
Can be pretty restrictive there as well.
Some servers also want to participate in the anti-cheat communities like PBBans and AON, refer to them on
the ports they use and IPs you stream bans to and recieve from.

Hope this helps

Guðmundur Örn Ingvarsson
Landsbankinn
Kerfisfræðingur / Systems Engineer