[cod] log size

Donald Stephens donald.stephens at activant.com
Tue Feb 12 14:16:07 EST 2008

Thanks I'll give it a try.

-Don

________________________________

From: Clanwarz [mailto:clanwarz at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:52 AM
To: cod at icculus.org
Subject: Re: [cod] log size

On Feb 12, 2008 12:29 PM, Clanwarz <clanwarz at gmail.com> wrote:

	On Feb 12, 2008 12:23 PM, Donald Stephens
<donald.stephens at activant.com> wrote:

		I need to figure out a way to automate the deletion and
recreation of the game log on my cod4 servers. It crashes the server
when it reaches 2 gig in size. How are you guys handling this

This cron will execute Monday 7 a.m., once a week. So if the file is 1
gig in size, it will flush the logfile.

00 7 * * 1  if  [ `du -b /path/to/games.log | awk '{ print $1 }'` -ge
1073741824 ]; then echo "" > /path/to/games.log ; fi

Not sure if it will cause the server to crash flushing a games.log file
when the server is writing to it?

--jay

Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.