[cod] log size

Clanwarz clanwarz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:51:35 EST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 12:29 PM, Clanwarz <clanwarz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2008 12:23 PM, Donald Stephens <donald.stephens at activant.com>
> wrote:
>
> >   I need to figure out a way to automate the deletion and recreation of
> > the game log on my cod4 servers. It crashes the server when it reaches 2 gig
> > in size. How are you guys handling this

This cron will execute Monday 7 a.m., once a week. So if the file is 1 gig
in size, it will flush the logfile.

00 7 * * 1  if  [ `du -b /path/to/games.log | awk '{ print $1 }'` -ge
1073741824 ]; then echo "" > /path/to/games.log ; fi

Not sure if it will cause the server to crash flushing a games.log file when
the server is writing to it?

--jay