Linux COD4 Issues

TBO Server tboserver at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:29:06 EST 2008

Hello all,

  I'm trying to administer some CoD4 servers for both a LAN party and a clan
online.  I'm running into two major issues with the linux server.

  1.  I can't seem to get Punkbuster to install.  I issue the commands to
install Punkbuster, and have read in some forums that the middle one (./*
pbsetup.run --add-game=cod4
--add-game-path=/home/tbo/Servers/cod4-linux-server*) should output some
text, but it never does, and then when I run the server, I get a nice *Error:
Unable to initialize punkbuster.  Punkbuster is disabled* message, and have
a server that isn't punkbuster enabled.
  2.  I can't get a LAN server to run.  When I run the command *./cod4_lnxded
+set dedicated 1 +exec hm.cfg +g_gametype "dom" +map mp_crash* and for good
measure have in hm.cfg *set dedicated "1"*, it still runs as an Internet
server (I've had people connect to it when it's supposed to be LAN only).
This is critical for me because the LAN group has permission at their LAN
party to allow the browsing of the internet, but not the hosting of game
servers.

While booting, the words "dedicated is read only" flashes by, and then when
I run 'dedicated' in the console, I get the following message:
*dedicated
"dedicated" is: "dedicated internet server^7" default: "dedicated internet
server^7"
  Domain is one of the following:
   0: listen server
   1: dedicated LAN server
   2: dedicated internet server
*
And when I try to set the variable, this happens:
*set dedicated 1
dedicated is read only.*
I hope someone has run into these issues before and has a solution.  Thanks,
and frag on!