[cod] COD5-Plus Centos 5.2 wine/cod installer final

Dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 11:41:16 EST 2008

I am not too familiar with debian at all, but I imagine it would not
be hard to do. It would mostly be a matter of finding out what the
packages are named in debian, and replacing the CentOS related install
commands with debian specific ones.

Now to do that, I have a few quick questions regarding debian.

1) installer for debian itself, or ubuntu?

2) which version? I would prefer to use the latest and move forward,
but I am not familiar with the debians to know which one most people
would be using. I don't want to end up maintaining a boat load of
versions of this script. But don't mind have a target version for
CentOS, and one for a debian style system.

3) would you be looking for the script to compile wine as well, or
just install from a repository (if available)? Thus making it more of
just a setup script for cod5 itself?

4) and on the above note (3), one I have the rpms available under
CentOS for wine, is there any value in keeping the option to compile
wine, or should I just drop it and go rpm only, thus making the script
more of a cod only installer?

Also moving forward, if and when certain *ahem* "files" (bins) become
available, I will be modifying the script to just automate an install
of that. And with those, I am sure I will be able to write it to work
on almost any Linux system as it would probably become more cod
specific.

Is there even value in that for the community?

Dnk

Sent from my iPhone