New CentOS 5.2 CoDWaW tutorial - No X - with shell Installer

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 16:51:28 EST 2008

Hey guys....

After reading some more posts on here about running the server without
X - it got me to thinking and testing on another server.

I have written a new tutorial which now includes a shell script
installer that will take care of the majority of the terminal commands
to get it installed. This includes getting wine to compile without any
"X" requirements. The other thing that is nice about this tutorial is
obviously the no "X" as many others had done anyways, no VNC install,
and no Mesa compile and install.

For this one, I did not cover the step by step OS install, but the
script does satisfy all the dependencies from the stock repos.

I am just starting a dry run of the installer to be sure it works as
expected.

Will post once completed for any who want to offer the download.

I know it is still easier to run all of this under Ubuntu/Debian as
the wine does not need to be compiled..... I just happen to run
centos, etc, and thought it might help the others who also do.

Dustin