[cod] cod5 waw

ghozt ghozt at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 20:26:11 EST 2008

I used these .zips (from a previous mail) >
http://extreme.planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/codww/full/codww_part1.zip
> Contains zone, pb folders and root exe, dll files
 http://extreme.planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/codww/full/codww_main_part2.zip
http://extreme.planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/codww/full/codww_main_part3.zip
Contains all the IWD's from the 'main' folder
 Broken up into 3 ZIP's to ensure the files did not get corrupt!!
Dedicated Files for Patch 1.1
http://extreme.planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/codww/full/CODWW_Patch_1.1_dedi_files.zip

unzipped them to my home folder for my user that im going to use to VNC in.
then I did the VNCSERVER configuration and install (starting the VNCSERVER
starts X for you)

(From
ttp://www.7ota.com/blog/2008/09/install-vnc-server-on-centos/  --BELOW)
Check to see if you have xstartup file in /home/testuser/.vnc/ and if not,
create one using

vim /home/testuser/.vnc/xstartup

And make sure it looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80×24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
startx &
exec gnome-session &

I chose GNOME because I use it on CentOS. If you prefer KDE, just change
gnome-session to kde-session. Also, you have to make this file executable,
using the following

chmod u+x /home/testuser/.vnc/xstartup

AND

Now, as root, you need to edit one file

vim /etc/sysconfig/vncservers

And make sure it has the following lines:

VNCSERVERS="1:testuser 2:otheruser 3:moreuser"
VNCSERVERARGS[1]="-geometry 1024×768 -depth 16?
VNCSERVERARGS[2]="-geometry 800×600 -depth 16?
VNCSERVERARGS[3]="-geometry 1024×768 -depth 16?

the only odd thing I had to do different than what that webpage instructed
was to not do service vncserver start but to exicute this command as my user
thats going to run the server

$ vncserver :1

And that starts it up so that I can connect via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1

dont forget to open the ports in your firewall too 5900 to 5901 (+1 for each
user)

then connect to the Xwindows desktop via VNC and execute the startup script
in a shell, I got a few errors but worked them out through trial and error
and now its running flawlessly!