[cod] cod5 waw

Terje Tjeldnes terje at tjeldnes.no
Tue Dec 9 18:57:15 EST 2008

I have physical access, but that is irrelevant. As far as I know, you
shouldn't need any kernel modules to run an x environment as long as
you only use it for vnc, but I'm not sure.

As long as you have ssh access to your machine, you won't lose your
terminal. What actually happens when you type startx in a Linux
"console" is simply switching to another virtual console, you dont
actually lose your text console. You don't type startx to launch a vnc
server, though.

Email me privately if you have any more questions regarding this, it
is borderline off-topic for this mailinglist.

--
Terje