[cod] COD5 Linux using wine and CLI - My progress so far (not yet working)

Georgecooldude georgecooldude at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 18:18:34 EST 2008

Christian, I have multiple servers. I only need one low powered windows once
to tunnel to. Then I can have multiple tunnels from linux. NX Server is also
a nice option for people without multiple servers. For the time being I'll
be making use of all my resources so that I don;t have to relie on a third
party.

Terje, just because its complicated doesn't make it unnecessary. :-) For me
its as much about learning new things and different ways of getting things
working. Today I've already learned new stuff from this list.

Jeremy, thanks for the info on ESXi. Didn't know about that one previously.
Something else to add to my to-test list for the future ;-)

Be interesting to see how the performance is between wine and vmware as
mentioned by Morpheus. My test environment is linux, vmware2, linux, then
wine so I'll be interested to see how the performance is on LAN. I'm not
planning on putting that solution live as such. I guess that setup doesn't
really count towards the benchmark ;-)