[cod] COD5 Linux using wine and CLI - My progress so far (not yet working)

Terje Tjeldnes terje at tjeldnes.no
Sun Dec 7 18:02:45 EST 2008

Guys,

I can't for the life of me figure out why you're doing this so
complicated. The use of a X system with a lightweight window manager
such as fluxbox or Xfce draws negliglable system resources on any
hardware worth the electricity it runs on. Save yourself a lot of
hassle and just run the server in wine 1.8.x, I'm telling you it works
just fine as a temporary solution until Linux binaries are released,
even if we have to wait for cod6 next fall.

--
Terje