[cod] COD5 Linux using wine and CLI - My progress so far (not yet working)

Christian Gerbrandt gerbra at gotadsl.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 13:03:51 EST 2008

Hello folks,

there is a good way to get this running on a dedicated server.

Get NX server, and install it on the server http://www.nomachine.com

It will use SSH to connect to your server and opens a Gnome/KDE session.

You can close the window, but the session will still run.

You can even share session between users.

It is available in a free Linux version, with a 2 connections restriction.

You can either pay for the full version, or get another open source server,
like FreeNX.

I just installed it on my server, and it is really fast. There are some
processes running which speeds up the rendering time over the net.

Might be worth to have a look at.

Regards,

Christian