[cod] COD WAW Sources ...

Donald Stephens donald.stephens at activant.com
Fri Dec 5 11:12:43 EST 2008

That was fixed in the final I think

-----Original Message-----
From: Dubravszky József [mailto:mail at joed.hu]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 8:10 AM
To: cod at icculus.org
Subject: RE: [cod] COD WAW Sources ...

Relax guys. I tried to run codwaw server with wine but it failed due to
directx-wine incompatibility. I have xwindow server running, accessed via
VNC. Codwaw install fails when it comes to directx install stage. If I try
running a dedicated server from scratch it fails again with directx error.
It seems that you need directx to run codwaw even in dedicated mode in
windows version.

I tried it with the codwaw beta release, I dont think this problem is solved
in final. Well tbh it is not a prblem at all :)

So if you guys working on wine-xwindow-codwaw solution I advise you to do
some research on wine-directx/opengl/xgl compatibility (that i havent had
time for sine beta release :)

I hope this will help somehow.

Regards,

joey