[cod] COD WAW Sources ...

Dubravszky József mail at joed.hu
Fri Dec 5 11:09:30 EST 2008

Relax guys. I tried to run codwaw server with wine but it failed due to
directx-wine incompatibility. I have xwindow server running, accessed via
VNC. Codwaw install fails when it comes to directx install stage. If I try
running a dedicated server from scratch it fails again with directx error.
It seems that you need directx to run codwaw even in dedicated mode in
windows version.

I tried it with the codwaw beta release, I dont think this problem is solved
in final. Well tbh it is not a prblem at all :)

So if you guys working on wine-xwindow-codwaw solution I advise you to do
some research on wine-directx/opengl/xgl compatibility (that i havent had
time for sine beta release :)

I hope this will help somehow.

Regards,

joey