[cod] Fwd: Multiple servers problem

Simon King kngsimon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:20:52 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 4:09 AM, Clanwarz <clanwarz at gmail.com> wrote:

>  fs_basepath = path to main install

> > > Make sure the server.cfg is in  /home/COD4/mixedhardcore/main
> > >
> > > If not, make a main folder and place it inside. You must also have a
> > > mods and pb folder inside /home/COD4/mixedhardcore
> > >

> > @  Clanwarz
> >
> > Thankyou very much finally got it going after trying your suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your help :)
> >

> NP. The trick about multiple installs is this.
>
> Server starts at the fs_basepath, will load all files there first, then
> goto the user folder and load all files there next. So I normally keep a
> server.cfg in the main install just in case the user deletes his... the
> server will still start.
>
> The user folder does not have to have anything else but the files the user
> will use.
>
> example:
>
> /home/$USR/main/server.cfg
> /home/$USR/mods/myubermod/server.cfg
> /home/$USR/pb/pbfiles
>
> Now the pb folder has to have a legit set of pb files. The user can add
> his own configs to his own pb folder.
> Using the fs_homepath will ensure that all files that get used in the
> /main/$USR folder does not get deposited in /home/$USR/.callofduty hidden
> folder.
> All logs and pb files will get deposited  in the designated folders as
> main, mods and pb.
>
> Since the  user only needs his own files, this saves gigs of space for
> every user you create. It also saves on ram :)
>
> Glad it helped.
>
> --jay

So if i read you right say for instance i want to set up my servers to
stream to punksbusted or whatever i would have to put the files needed in
each users folder and not in the cod4/pb  i.e

home/COD4/mixedhardcore/pb

Is that correct ??

I need all this onfo because not only do i do my own clans 3 dedi server
boxes i have to help a few other clans to set up their servers so just
trying to make sure i understand completly.

Many thanks for your help

Simon