[cod] COD4 and fs_game ? Need help...

John Kennington jwkennington at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:56:18 EST 2007

Posted at Infinity Ward Forums:

Creating a Custom fs_game Mod Folder and Using HTTP Redirect

1. Create a new folder in the COD4 'mods' folder (next to 'ModWarfare').

So, in your command line you would have something like this:

+set fs_game mods/awe4

A forward slash and lower-case 'm' in mods

2. On your redirect space, create a root folder that you will use for
all your servers (assuming you will be using more than 1). I will call
mine 'cod4'.

Inside this folder, create a folder called 'mods' (all lower case).
Inside that create another folder named after your fs_game folder. I
will call mine 'awe4'.

3. On your server, into the 'awe4' folder place your mod IWD. Mine is
called 'z_awe4.iwd'.

Also place in there mod.ff.

Myth Buster 1: You do not need mod.csv - it is totally redundant. It
doesnt have to be renamed, as it doesnt even have to be in there.

4. Copy those files from your server to your redirect space - i.e.
z_awe4.iwd and mod.ff.

In your server config file, enter your redirect details. They are
exactly the same as vCOD/UO/COD2.

Mine are:

set sv_allowdownload "1"
set sv_wwwDownload 1
set sv_wwwbaseURL "http://www.tallys-world.com/cod4/"
set sv_wwwdldisconnected "0"

Notice that you quote only up to the root of where you store your
download files. As in previous COD titles, you dont have to quote the
whole destination root directory url - the game will find mods/awe4
for you.

Thats it. You should be good to go.

--
Waiting on the pier until Charon comes....