COD4 and fs_game ? Need help...

:ESC:Sausalito sausalito at euro-sniper.net
Tue Nov 27 08:24:40 EST 2007

hello there -

is there anybody out there, that has CoD4 linux running together with a mod?
i know the README says, any mod needs to be removed before installing the
server binaries.
but we really like to have our own mod running (and the Warfare mod does as
well).
the problem is: the mod's IWD file is being downloaded properly by the
client, but the mod.ff is not.
and without the *.ff in the client's mod folder, you cannot select a team
ans stay in spectate.

all paths are set correctly, all files are located at their proper locations
(on server and HTTP redirect).

startup command is:
 +set dedicated 2 +exec cod4_s1.cfg +set fs_homepath /cod4/s1 +set
fs_basepath /cod4/s1 +set fs_game mods/MYMOD +set net_IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
+set net_port yyyyy +set punkbuster 1 +map_rotate &

is there any way to get the mod.ff being auto-downloaded when a client
connects?
any ideas?
thanks in advance.