[cod] COD4 Linux server now available...

Christian Marvel christian at asylum-gameservers.com
Tue Nov 27 06:47:57 EST 2007

Typical pb install goes like this for me.
Remove any pb folders.
In the game root directory do a ls -al look for hidden folders with a . in
from of them.  Go in there and find the pb folder.
Delete it.
Then delete the regular pb folder.
I create the pb folder as the user.
Su user
Mkdir pb
Then cd pb
Wget the pb install file
Chmod +x the pb installer
Run it, add the game and paths.
Then update the pb installation.

Now set the game to run pb
In command line.
+set sv_punkbuster 1

And off it should go.
Sometimes it seem that if you do not remove all the pb files before a
install it craps out.  And also sometimes pb doesn’t autoupdate as it should
and you have to manually upload all the updates to the server itself.
PS.  I always do all updates with the server offline.

Last thing.  Pb will work good, but will work better if you have a pbsv.cfg
configured correctly.

Hope that helps anyone who doesn’t have a clear and precise idea of pb setup
and installation.