AW: [cod] and the race begins...

[OL]YODA yoda at opferlamm-clan.de
Mon Nov 12 12:52:18 EST 2007

To K. P. Mahoney - Messages in CoD4:

Your dvars are not from COD2 itself, it´s from a MOD, some kind of message
MOD...

Use PB to set InGame-Messages or wait for a message MOD...

Put this text in your pbsv.cfg (if you can´t find it rcon log into your
server and type
/rcon pb_sv_writecfg
 - you will find in then in your pb-folder, e. g. CoD4/pb)

pb_sv_task 50 300 "say Your text"
pb_sv_task 80 300 "say Your text"
pb_sv_task 85 300 "say Your text"
pb_sv_task 85 300 "say Your text"
and so on...

First count is "show text x seconds after client connects to server", second
count is "repeat text after x seconds". second count to -1 means "text only
one time"...
You can use ^1, ^2, ^3, etc. for colors, too.

Restart your server and the messages will work.

Be careful - too much messages (I think you will use it for advertising as
the most do...) are annoying for clients...

Greetings

Thomas
aka [OL]YODA
www.opferlamm-clan.de