[cod] Silly question

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 03:55:02 EDT 2007

Just for the record in case anyone reads this and gets a similar problem.
Some people thought this was down to the higher frequency kernel, but was
actually in fact caused by selinux being on and causing a problem with cod2.
This was enabled on updating with fedora/centos/redhat. Disable it and high
cpu usage and lag would stop totally.

Doubt its the same problem. You can check by seeing how much cpu usage is
being taken. If its > 50% for an empty server then it quite possibly is, and
so turn off selinux, otherwise its unlikely that it is.

Basically, anyone who updates to a new dist, check for that being enabled by
default.