Servers not showing up

stalvi stalvi at tek.iarc.uaf.edu
Tue Mar 27 15:05:44 EDT 2007

Hey, this is an on going problem that many servers are experiencing.

Our server {ASP} will fail to show up sometimes in the Multiplayer
server list on client machines.   I've noticed this with many other
servers as well, including some very popular clan servers such as PST
and UST.

We've been trying to solve problems as our servers tend to stay empty
a lot more than they ever did.   After I had to do a complete
reinstall of my client machine, I discovered that it took me no less
than 6 refreshes to see many of the servers that I like to play on.

A message to activision yielded a generic response saying they do not
offer support for servers.

To me, it looks like an overburdened master server, not able to
report all the servers.