[cod] Punkbuster problem

[FnG] Lambik fng.lambik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 18:23:10 EST 2007

Hi,

Not sure if I should post this on up here, if not, plz discard this mail .

When I run the following commands nothing happens, they just look like
below.
./pbsetup.run -e
./pbsetup.run --add-game=cod4 --add-game-path=/home/cod4/
./pbsetup.run -u
{there is no output or anything shown when I run the above commands}

I did make a folder pb inside the /home/cod4/  looks like /home/cod4/pb/
which contains :
 - pbsec.htm
 - pbsecsv.htm
 - pbsetup.run
 - pbsvnew.so
 - pbweb.log
 - pbweb.x86

What files do I need in order to enable punkbuster, as I believe I am
missing files here ?

output from the COD4 startup (v1.4) (though on previous version 1.3 it
didn't work either, it never has worked)
sv_punkbuster is write protected.
Error: Unable to initialize punkbuster.  Punkbuster is disabled

Running OpenSuSE 10.3 64-bit on AMD X2.

I do have no clue on how to do trouble shooting on the punkbuster part, as
these two log lines are the only
leads I have.

I hope some one is able and willing to help me out here,

Lambik