[cod] updated package...

Miano, Steven M. Steven.Miano at mybrighthouse.com
Fri Dec 21 10:24:00 EST 2007

> From: RepriSaL [mailto:IThE_MaTRiXI at gmx.net]
> How about composing above the quote? ..makes taking track much easier,
> instead of scrolling all the way down, thx a lot

        Many other Mailing Lists request just the opposite, composing above the quote is commonly referred to as "Top-Posting", and is discouraged as it makes the e-mail look like a jeopardy question instead of a conversation. Example:

Answer: Yes, that is correct.

Question: Is this the correct mailing list for Call of Duty?

        Most people find things easier to read from the top down, not from the bottom up. On most of my technical Mailing Lists top posting is always going to be called out when you do get a reply, and bottom posting is preferred. On the gamer/server admin lists it seems top posting happens because most people are not reading all threads.

> > Ryan C. Gordon schreef:
> >>
> >> For those that still need it, here's a completely untested package
> >> with the 1.4 data file updates:
> >>

> >>    http://treefort.icculus.org/cod/cod4-linux-server-12202007.tar.bz2
> >>
> >> It's the same binaries in the previous 1.4 package, I just added the
> >> new/changed data files. If someone could try it and let me know it
> >> works, I'd appreciate it...this is the danger of updating packages a
> >> few days before Christmas.   :)
> >>
> >> --ryan.

        Excellent package Ryan, worked without a hitch for my servers, I appreciate the continued support and assistance on this.

~Steven