[cod] COD4 Server Memory Limit

Robert Ros robertros at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:38:52 EST 2007

That's nonsense, a dedicated server just needs to handle network
connections between the clients and it manages a global gamestate
(Player locations / health / etc) A dedicated server doesn't need to
load all those high resolution textures in memory. That's where the huge
amount of memory usage is coming from I think.

There is a command 'meminfo' in CoD4, I'm not sure what the numbers mean
though.

meminfo
10485760 bytes total hunk

     5096 low permanent