[cod] COD4 Server Memory Limit

NewLight Systems nls at newlightsystems.com
Sun Dec 16 13:35:30 EST 2007

just buy more ram :S

Vaughan Reid escribió:

> I know this issue has been brought up a couple of times already, but
> has anyone found a way to limit memory usage for COD4 server instances
> in Linux/Unix?
>

> I am currently hosting nearly 30 servers and the amount of RAM they
> use collectively is ridiculous. Whats more, the differences in RAM
> usage are huge – right now servers are using anything from 15Mb to
> 300Mb. They are all empty and all similar in maxplayers size. I also
> host around 15 COD/COD2 servers and have had com_hunkmegs set to 64Mb
> for all of them for months now without issues as I have found that
> servers do not use anything near what they reserve for themselves.
>

> I’m not sure why they took com_hunkmegs out of COD4 but I really need
> an alternative if anyone has one. I’ve tried ulimit without success.

*David Aguilar Valero*
Dpto. Comercial y Soporte técnico
NewLight Systems
*Servidores de juegos, HW, Dedicados*

*crk01 at nls.es*
crk01 at newlightsystems.com
tecnico at newlightsystems.com
#NewLight_Systems @ irc-hispano.org
*www.newlightsystems.com
www.nls.es*

This email and any files or attachments transmitted with it are intended
solely for the use of the intended recipient. This email is confidential
and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient you should not read, disseminate, distribute, or copy
this email. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.