COD4 Server Memory Limit

Vaughan Reid vaunus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 13:07:05 EST 2007

I know this issue has been brought up a couple of times already, but has
anyone found a way to limit memory usage for COD4 server instances in
Linux/Unix?

I am currently hosting nearly 30 servers and the amount of RAM they use
collectively is ridiculous. Whats more, the differences in RAM usage are
huge - right now servers are using anything from 15Mb to 300Mb. They are all
empty and all similar in maxplayers size. I also host around 15 COD/COD2
servers and have had com_hunkmegs set to 64Mb for all of them for months now
without issues as I have found that servers do not use anything near what
they reserve for themselves.

I'm not sure why they took com_hunkmegs out of COD4 but I really need an
alternative if anyone has one. I've tried ulimit without success.