[cod] Server Crashing on Startup

Arh|Sensei admin at arhanghelii.ro
Wed Dec 12 07:04:35 EST 2007

But a version for x64 build version? :D
Lot's we use machines installed with a 64 bit SO. I think will work much
better ...
Think at this as a Cristmas Wish of lot's of peuples .. :))

Merry Cristmas

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan C. Gordon [mailto:icculus at icculus.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:51 PM
To: cod at icculus.org
Subject: Re: [cod] Server Crashing on Startup

> I've been having this problem since 1.0. Tried on 1.3 as well.
> Illegal instruction (core dumped)

You probably have either an old x86 processor (a K6 or Pentium II?), or some
strange variant of an x86 processor (a Transmeta Crusoe?), or you're running
the game on an emulator/vm that doesn't allow some modern
x86 instruction.

The server is compiled with -march=pentium3 -mtune=pentium4 (i.e. --
optimize as if there's a pentium4 in the machine, but don't use opcodes
that'll crash an Athlon MP), so there is probably some minor collateral
damage for unusual configurations.

And no, I will not be changing this in a future build, sorry.

--ryan.

---
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to cod-unsubscribe at icculus.org Mailing