Error: Sys_SendPacket: Operation not permitted

Magnus Jonsson magnus at endpoint.nu
Mon Dec 10 15:20:14 EST 2007

When i try to start my server i get this error:

Hitch warning: 1740 msec frame time
Resolving cod4master.activision.com
cod4master.activision.com resolved to 63.146.124.21:20810
Sending heartbeat to cod4master.activision.com
Error: Sys_SendPacket: Operation not permitted
Hitch warning: 3776 msec frame time

I can not find anything wrong in the server spam above these lines, so
that would just be a waste of space.
There shouldn't be any kind of firewall blocking any of the ports cod4
uses, so the problem isn't there.
I've tried running it both as regular user and as root, but the result
is the same.
The error is the same with and without PB, with and without mods.
The only thing i've found is that it occurs when the server is trying to
contact either the PB server or the CoD4 master server.

Any ideas?

PS. The server is running debian and has no troubles running cod1 or
cod2 DS.

/Magnus