[cod] [COD4] lean bug

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sun Dec 9 13:07:02 EST 2007

coffee wrote:
> A friend of mine reports me a problem with leaning. If a character lean
> left or right, the hitbox from this character doesn't move so if we aim
> his head, we can't do any headshots, we need to aim where his head
> should if he doesn't lean.
>
> If somebody lean right behind a wall then he is invicible
>
> If we launch a server from windows, then everything is fine with
> leaning.

(We double-checked, the 1.2 "lean glitch" fixes are definitely in the
Linux server.)

Okay, just so I'm clear about this: the guy leans from behind a wall,
and you can definitely see his head poking out from behind the wall, but
you can't shoot him in the head that's leaning around the corner, right?

The 1.2 glitch fix was that you couldn't see the guy that was leaning
around the corner: as such, he could shoot you, but you wouldn't be able
to tell he was there at all to shoot him.

So if the guy is standing there leaning out in the open, and you shoot
(what appears to be) his head, it's a miss, but if you shoot where his
head goes when not leaning, it's a hit?

I need verification; this sounds like a different bug entirely. Could a
few different servers try this out and report back?

Thanks,
--ryan.