[cod] Linux server on RH9

Dallas Crandall dallas at crd-dwc.com
Sat Dec 8 13:17:00 EST 2007

Steven,
To just use screen:

1. Log into your server with putty.
2. Type screen hit enter.
3. Type in your server start command,  (example yours will be different)
./cod4_lnxded +set fs_basepath /home/cod4 +set_fshomepath /home/cod4 +exec
config.cfg +set ui_maxclients "64" +map_rotate
4. Hit enter
 and your server is running.
5. Then hit Ctrl, a, d and it will bring you back to your putty session and
you can close the putty session without killing your game server.

When you connect again with putty, type screen –r and hit enter. This will
put you back to your server session.

You can run more then on screen so it is possible to run several servers at
the same time. Look up screen in google and learn all its tricks.
Hope it helps,

Dallas Crandall