cod4 not working in ubuntu

SIMMONS, MATTHEW masimmon at umflint.edu
Sun Dec 2 08:46:45 EST 2007

I have a machine that I am trying to run cod4 on,

however when I start up the server it is fine,

when I load a map, the map starts loading and then I get the error
"ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION"

I am running the latest "stable-supported" server version of ubuntu

I run cod2, quake3 arena, and americas army fine.

I have barely any space left on my hdd, so do i need space for swap
for cod4?

I have not tried it on any other distros.

I need a new hdd, so formatting may need to be done anyway.

So does anyone know what the problem might be, or have a suggestion of
what distro to go with.

Thank You,

Sincerely

Matthew Simmons