Why bother

Thomas L spam_trashcan at email.com
Sun Dec 2 07:01:32 EST 2007

I've been running a linux server for three years now, and the COD-series
is just a nightmare for linux server admins. If you take a look at
Quake4, the windows and linux binaries are released at the same time.
With COD, you have to wait a couple of weeks for the Linux binaries.
Since all players want to upgrade immediately, this means you lose
traffic that you may never get back. So I'm switching to windows now,
which kind of sucks. But until the windows binaries are put on hold until
the linux binaries are ready, I'm never going to have the classy server I
want, so there's really no option. So, why bother with the Linux binaries
really? Activision really sucks at this point.

Best wishes,

Thomas
www.h5.se

--
Over 2 Million Holiday Gift Ideas - Take a Look!
mail.com shopping at  http://mail.shopping.com/?linkin_id=8033174