[cod] Ryan or others: ./cod4_lnxded Run as a non root user issue

Robert Mount rmount at pobox.com
Sat Dec 1 13:57:57 EST 2007

Try bypassing the cod4_lnxded script and run cod4_lnxdex-bin directly.

The scripts job, iirc, is to automatically detect and set HOME and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I don't use the script and set them in my own script
like so:

 EXEDIR="/home/coduser/cod4";             # Server Parent Directory
 BIN="cod4_lnxded-bin";                     # Server Binary
 USER="coduser";                          # What User will run the file
 export HOME="/home/$USER";
 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${EXEDIR}:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH";
 cd ${EXEDIR};
 ./${BIN} +set dedicated 2 <etc>

I didn't post my whole script (just trying to help solve the problem
without adding more confusion!).  I'm happy to give you the rest if it
helps (I use screen in my scripts).

--Rob