[cod] Ryan or others: ./cod4_lnxded Run as a non root user issue

Stephane admin at light-speed.com
Sat Dec 1 10:05:07 EST 2007

Hello,

I came across a new problem trying to run  ./cod4_lnxded as a non root user.

2 different machines, same file permissions (verified 5 times), one works
like it should the other one I get a weird problem.

As root running  ./cod4_lnxded  works like a charm.

When I su my user and run  ./cod4_lnxded  I get these errors:

./cod4_lnxded: line 48: cd: .//: Not a directory  (that command [cd .//] if
I su user works fine!)

./cod4_lnxded: line 49: / COD4/COD4-Base/cod4_lnxded-bin: Permission
denied/COD4/COD4-Base/cod4_lnxded-bin: Permission denied

./cod4_lnxded: line 49: exec: / COD4/COD4-Base/cod4_lnxded-bin: cannot
execute: Permission denied

If I su and run ./cod4_lnxded-bin  it works fine, so why do I get  cd: .//:
Not a directory and permission deny when there is no permission errors.

Its most likely a permission for users on that machine somehow but I cant
figure it out.

Thank you for the help

Stephane