Call of Duty 2: Handling UDP packets and response

Matt Bertolini viper2843 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 12:49:41 EDT 2007

I am writing a small program in Python to interact with my Call of Duty 2
Linux server.  I have managed to write a simple program to interact with the
server using the UDP connection.  My problem is I am having difficulty
handling larger responses because I don't know how large the response will
be beforehand or I don't know when the response is finished (so I enter an
infinite loop).  Also, when I receive the text output from the server it
does cut off the end of the message each time.  I am wondering if the CoD2
linux server provides any information on the size of the message, how large
the buffer size should be, is there an ending string I can be looking for to
denote the end of the message, or if TCP can be used in anyway to improve
the returned message and not lose any data?  Thanks.

--Matt--