[cod] COD original game

Robert Mount rmount at pobox.com
Sun Apr 22 15:07:30 EDT 2007

Hi James,

What ever user you're running the game under is being limited in its
use of RAM.  I bet it works fine as the root user (not recommended for
long term use, of course).

"ulimit -a" will show current settings, run as root and a user and
you'll see the difference.

Adjustment can be made to non-root user environments in /etc/bashrc.
Look for the "ulimit" line with a long string of parameters.  The
first line is what non-root users get, the second ("else" line) is
what root get (you'll see "unlimited" a few times for root).

Here's what works for me on RHE3:

ulimit -n 200 -u 60 -m 400000 -d 400000 -s 8192 -c 400000 -v 400000 2>/dev/null

I've also seen these settings in /etc/profile.  I used different
settings there during my testing to see which  ones "stuck" and the
/etc/bashrc settings take preference in RHE.  I mention this in case
FC5 is different.

Hope this helps!

--Rob