[cod] server: pak1.pk3 not in search path

Viktor Kaup furiousv9 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:02:14 EST 2006

Considering I'm on a home broadband ADSL connection, the time taken to
upload a full server install would take quite a while. Also, the home server
has UO installed, which really brings up the size.

All I have uploaded was the Data and Main directories from disk, so I highly
doubt there are extra uneeded paks, there is just pak0 to pak9 (without 7
which seems the norm), as well as paka and pakb

The files in ~/.callofduty seem pretty bare and look fresh. Though the one
in the main folder seems to be showing logs.

I'm just wondering if there is a cvar or other command to "include" a pak
file or so, or if it just takes everything in the main folder for granted to
be included - but then it seems to be overlooking pak0.pk3 altogether and
not including it during launch.

When I can get round to it, I'll run another md5sum check and try extracting
the pak file to check for possible corruption.

By the way, does Game of the Year Edition installs have different pak files?

Thanks for the replies.

Viktor