Server port & in-game browser

Phloam phloam_be at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 07:16:59 EST 2006

Hi,

  I've been wondering how the in-game browser gets filled with servers? It seems to me that the server's port numbers do mather in terms of who gets displayed first. For example, our public server has been running on port 28960 since january. If our clanmembers are not playing on it, we don't get many 'outsiders' to join. A few weeks ago, someone told me to change the port to 28950 because that way it should show up faster in the in-game browser. Sceptic as I was, I did change the port and noticed a substantial rise in the amount of 'strangers' joining the server, even when it was empty. Last week, my provider noticed the 'hack' (lol) and changed the port back to 28960. Since then the server's occupancy is back to what it was before...

  Do any of you guys know how the in-game browser gets filled and if there's ways to get your server to show up faster (if even at all :-))). I guess part of the problem is that a lot of people are tired of waiting for the list to fill up completely and just press ESC after a few seconds. That way they don't get the whole list which makes it usefull to know if there's a technique that makes your server show faster.

  N-lighten me please,

  S//|R>Sedna

http://mail.yahoo.com