[cod] Vulnerability if auto download is enabled on cod/coduo servers?

Christian satanic.surfer.666 at web.de
Thu May 18 08:45:05 EDT 2006

Hi!

I found this in the readme to the q3a/rtcw/et patches from id:

If you run a server with any older version, please upgrade or consider
turning off autodownload ( set sv_allowDownload to 0 ). Wolfenstein:
Enemy Territory servers http/ftp download feature is not affected by
CVE-2006-2082. If you don't wish to upgrade, you can decide to only
enable http/ftp downloads and disable legacy downloads in that
particular case.

--
Chris