[COD] Fs_Game

Clanwarz clanwarz at gmail.com
Tue May 2 10:09:05 EDT 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: <gadruid at bellsouth.net>
To: <cod at icculus.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [cod] [COD] Re: Fs_Game

> Jay,
>
> I think you have the wrong person quoted here.  If you are running any
mod, even a map pack, they must be in an fs_game directory.  My reservation
is about map packs.  Especially combining maps from different makers.
Invariably, there is an issue with the _team.gsc or gametype .gsc file.
Also, packing them up means that clients have to download the same map
multiple times.  If the community wants to use mappacks, they should have
the pack available to everyone, so there is no repetition, but we all know
that is not going to happen.

> There is no easy answer to this, except IW fix this elephant.  There is no
reason I can think of that the code from CoD version 1.0 is in CoD2 version
1.2, except lazy coding and poor quality control.

> John

I understand now. Thanks for the explantion and I couldn't agree with you
more.