[cod] [COD] Re: Fs_Game

gadruid at bellsouth.net gadruid at bellsouth.net
Tue May 2 10:01:06 EDT 2006

Jay,

I think you have the wrong person quoted here.  If you are running any mod, even a map pack, they must be in an fs_game directory.  My reservation is about map packs.  Especially combining maps from different makers.  Invariably, there is an issue with the _team.gsc or gametype .gsc file.  Also, packing them up means that clients have to download the same map multiple times.  If the community wants to use mappacks, they should have the pack available to everyone, so there is no repetition, but we all know that is not going to happen.

There is no easy answer to this, except IW fix this elephant.  There is no reason I can think of that the code from CoD version 1.0 is in CoD2 version 1.2, except lazy coding and poor quality control.

John