[cod] Custom Maps

gadruid at bellsouth.net gadruid at bellsouth.net
Tue May 2 09:18:00 EDT 2006

There is a problem with doing this.  If you do not use fs_game, you will cause clients all kinds of headaches.  I run all mods in fs_game, but maps I prefer to leave alone and place in the /main directory.  That way, the client does not have to download the map multiple times when they connect ot different servers.  Right now, the max number of custom maps I can run is 4.  It doesn't matter how they are named (and renaming them is not an option, that will cause pure errors).

The exact same thing occurred with CoD1 v1.0.  CoD1 1.2 fixed the problem.  I am sure it is the same issue here.

John