[cod] COD2 Linux Server Help Needed :)

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 20:19:13 EST 2006

Sorry, no I meant with a space as thats how the hosts file is organised, it
looks for an IP and name separated. In some games for example it "seems" to
check its own hostname and then do a lookup on it, as counterintuitive as it
sounds when it comes to the master servers. I've never tested that in
cod/cod2 to see if its the same though, just wanted to give another avenue
for thought.

It shouldn't lock you out whatever as a quick temp test (copy, then replace
if wanted). Just generally don't have 127.0.0.1 missing etc, but I'm
distracting again. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, definitely don't.