[cod] 'No such file or directory' on cod2_lnxded Debian 3.1 / 64-bit

Dave Whitney whitney321 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 07:22:54 EST 2006

I'd triple check the ownership of the file and the entire directory.  OH, and isn't there some sort of gcc dependencies?  I think there's a readme that comes with the cod2_lnxded ...  you might have to install a second, older set of gcc files?  I'm a noob at this, I just remember reading it and being thankful it worked the first time w/o having to mess with that.

Good Luck!

Dave

Robert Jonker <robert.jonker at chello.nl> wrote:              Hello all,

  I ran into this problem yesterday trying to help someone getting a cod2 server running. The machine is running Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.8-11-amd64-generic. It has a AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3400+.

  When starting the server I get this ‘No such file or directory’ error:

  cod2server at server:~$ ./cod2_lnxded
  -bash: ./cod2_lnxded: No such file or directory

  The file permissions are set to chmod 755 and it’s owner and group should be alright (and yes, the file does exist).

  I have tried like everything (also using the libs from the readme) but I can’t figure it out. I have been running multiple cod2 servers on 32-bit machines without a problem, so my guess is it has to do something with the 64-bit (maybe missing libraries?).

  Thanks in advance,
  Robert