'No such file or directory' on cod2_lnxded Debian 3.1 / 64-bit

Robert Jonker robert.jonker at chello.nl
Mon Mar 6 07:12:19 EST 2006

Hello all,

I ran into this problem yesterday trying to help someone getting a cod2
server running. The machine is running Debian 3.1, kernel
2.6.8-11-amd64-generic. It has a AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3400+.

When starting the server I get this 'No such file or directory' error:

cod2server at server:~$ ./cod2_lnxded

-bash: ./cod2_lnxded: No such file or directory

The file permissions are set to chmod 755 and it's owner and group should be
alright (and yes, the file does exist).

I have tried like everything (also using the libs from the readme) but I
can't figure it out. I have been running multiple cod2 servers on 32-bit
machines without a problem, so my guess is it has to do something with the
64-bit (maybe missing libraries?).

Thanks in advance,

Robert