[cod] 1.3 & powerserver

drlove at notorious9.net drlove at notorious9.net
Fri Jun 30 08:54:53 EDT 2006

Quoting Lars Fikenscher <larsfikenscherrbs at hotmail.com>:

> i am a newbie with linux can you tell me what i have to do?
>
> [in steps ;)  ]
>
> i start the server
>
> ./cod2_Inxded +exec dedicated.cfg +net_port 28960 +set sv_punkbuster 1
> +map mp_toujane &
>
> with this command line and then ?
>
> Greetz Thunderbird

At the risk of derailing this thread ....
The BOFH in me would say "Try 'man screen'"...
Basically it'd be:
cd to the directory you run the server from.
do 'screen -S css' (this names the screen 'css', call it whatever you like).
Run your server as normal (do not throw it in the background with a '&')
do 'ctl-a d' to detach (control and a keys held down, then hit d key).
At the shell, do 'screen -r css' to attach again. (make sure it's the
name you used before, in this case 'css')

Jeff Love