[cod] 1.3 & powerserver

Gavin Westwood cod2 at kethiel.org.uk
Fri Jun 30 08:52:23 EDT 2006

Lars Fikenscher wrote:
> i want to start my cod2 server on the background on the server
>
> but when i use & this command and close my SSH the server close to
> this is my command line
>
> ./cod2_Inxded +exec dedicated.cfg +net_port 28960 +set sv_punkbuster 1
> +map mp_toujane &
>
> how can i make this problem ?

Hi Lars.

I start my server using a script, and this gets around that issue
(modified from an online script):

#!/bin/sh

if ( ps awwwx | grep 'cod_lnxded' | grep 'CoD' ) >> /dev/null
then
        echo "Call of Duty server still UP!"
                exit 22
else

        cd /usr/local/games/CoD/files/

        start=`date '+%H:%M on %d/%m/%y'`
        echo "CoD server started @ $start" >> /usr/local/games/CoD/CoD2.log

/usr/local/games/CoD/files/cod2_lnxded +exec CoD2config.cfg +map_rotate
>> /usr/local/games/CoD/CoD2.log 2>&1 &

fi

The original script can be found at the bottom of this page:
http://forums.ampednews.com/showthread.php?t=8907&page=3

Hope that helps.

Gavin