[cod] 1.3 patch

Stierenoog stierenoog at silverbulletclan.nl
Thu Jun 22 16:42:04 EDT 2006

It was an example, and I'm not blaming Ryan for making junk or anything,
but they must have a good reason to reject that version.
All I wanted to point out is, that it's better to have a stable 1.2
version of the server instead of an instable (buggy) 1.3 server.

[doom scenario]
When a instable version of the linux binaries are released, people will
never know what they're gonna get. Now everybody is able to filter 1.2
or 1.3 servers. And both version are playable.
[/doom scenario]

So I still think it is bad to leak, or pre-release the binaries. It's
better to wait one week longer then having to update our servers every
day with a new version.

Sure I want to have the 1.3 version at my servers but they just have to
do this right. As someone stated before, they have to release all files
(client, windows/linux server files) in on the same date. So everyone
can upgrade to the newest version.

-- Stierenoog